We know that technology is constantly changing, and our children are moving from tool to tool more rapidly than we can realistically hope to keep up. This session will highlight the ways that you can stay current with the tools and apps that your children are using, with simple strategies that also promote great conversations and quality time with your children. We’ll also highlight some of the ways that we manage the rapid rate of change as teachers, and learners, here at NIST.
This session has been developed, and will be facilitated by:
- Kim Cofino, NIST Consultant in Residence
- Ben Sheridan, NIST Digital Learning Coach
- Common Sense Media Family Media Agreement
- Family media agreement example from Ben
- This is the article we read: Generation X More Addicted to Social Media Than Millennials, Report Finds
- This is the book by Jane McGonigal we recommended for parents interested in the learning value of gaming: Reality is Broken, her related TED talk, she also has a new book, SuperBetter.
- This is the podcast Kim loves: Note to Self, and this is the episode with Jane McGonigal (listen to any episode, though, it’s outstanding, and almost every episode I’ve listened to is absolutely relevant for parents.
If you liked those, I promise you will find these interesting: